Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring is in the air

Week 3 was uneventful as far as mileage/routes goes. And thankfully no knee problems to date!

April reminds me how each season brings its own challenges for runners, especially those of us who enjoy running outdoors. This week, I made sure to carry a Kleenex in one hand to catch the inevitable drips from my poor sinuses, helpless in the maelstrom of pollen floating about here in NJ this week. Spring peeper frogs cheeped in the swampy stretches along the running trail, robins hopped, and woodpeckers were busy high up in the trees.

The temperature changes hourly this time of year, so I checked it carefully each day before heading out for a run. Chilly mornings meant light gloves and two pairs of socks. Long runs in mid-afternoon made me peel off my fleece halfway to the finish.

Weekly total= 15 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment